Return to all horse trail riding in NC
||Nice, easy, level slightly sandy with hardly any rocks in beautiful wooded trails. Barefoot horses accommodated nicely even at trot and lope (or canter)! Water and muddy conditions on trail path would require intense, heavy rainfall several days repeated a day or so before. Events will happen rain or shine...only cancelled for hurricane or lightning. Understand that most rain takes a path around the campground. 12 month Negative Coggins Required at Campground Front Gate. Campsites, facilities and most trails are available at all times. $5 day ride fee or free with paid campsite for both trails and facility use. |
|Best Time to Visit
||ANY TIME! Trail ride, dinner & DJ/Dance 04/21, 06/01 & 06/02 nightride, 09/15, 10/06, 11/17; ACTHA CTC 05/19, 06/16, 07/21, 08/04, 10/27; Pony Express Event 04/28 & 09/08; Game Show 04/07, 05/12, 06/09, 07/14, 08/11; NBHA 04/14, 06/30, 09/29. |
|Times to Avoid
||No Times, Always Available and Facilities Open|
||Whippoorwill Campground, located in South Eastern North Carolina, between the towns of Richlands and Beulaville, is a great place to come and relax a spell. Whether you want to camp on your own, come as a group or come for one of our weekend trail rides we have a place for you.
Whippoorwill Campground is constantly making improvements to please our visitors. We have primitive camping sites and our facilities also offer a covered pavilion, a swimming hole, catch and release fishing and several miles of trails for horse back riding or hiking.
Cotton Top and Sandy Ridge Stables are right around the corner for those of you who like to board your horses during your stay, or for those looking for long term boarding.
|Elect Shower Toilet Water
||Stall Water Tie-up
|Steve & Peggy Brinson
268 Brinson Lane
Beulaville, NC 28518
||From Raleigh, NC
1. Merge onto I-40 E/US-64 E via the ramp to I-440
2. Slight right onto I-40 E (signs for Benson/Wilmington)
3. Take exit 373 for N Carolina 24 E/N Carolina 903/Kenansville toward Magnolia
4. Turn left onto N Carolina 24 E/NC-903 N/S Kenansville Bypass
5. Continue to follow N Carolina 24 E/S Kenansville Bypass
6. Turn right onto N Carolina 24 E
7. Go through town of Beulaville, NC
8. Look for Campground Signage on Left Hand Side of 4 lane road
9. Proceed to next turn around for U-Turn to turn into Brinson Lane as a right turn
From Wilmington, NC
1. Continue onto I-40 W
2. Take exit 385 for N Carolina 41 toward Wallace/Beulaville
3. Turn right onto N Carolina 41 N
4. Turn right onto N Carolina 24 E/E Main St (in the town of Beulaville)
5. Continue onto N Carolina 24 W
6. Continue to follow N Carolina 24 E
7. Look for Campground Signage on Left Hand Side of 4 lane road
8. Proceed to next turn around for U-Turn to turn into Brinson Lane as a right turn.
From Hubert, NC
1. Turn right onto N Carolina 24 W/Freedom Way
2. Continue to follow N Carolina 24 W
3. Merge onto N Carolina 24 W/US-17 S via the ramp
4. Go through town of Richlands, NC
5. Look for Campground Signage on Right Hand Side of 4 lane road
6. Turn Right onto Brinson Lane at Campground Sign.
|This information was provided by Whippoorwill Regulators on 3/18/2012 4:52:44 PM|