Return to all horse trail riding in New Mexico
||Some trails are old logging roads which are clear. Others are game trails which are only wide enough for single file riding. However, they take riders onto ridges where they can see miles and miles.
The Pearson ranch has trails from beginner to expert.|
|Best Time to Visit
|Times to Avoid
||Guest accomodations at the Ranch, or wilderness camping available.|
||Directions from Albuquerque:
- Head south on I-25 to Socorro.
- Exit into Socorro and take US Hwy 60 west towards Magdalena.
- Go through Magdalena and proceed to Datil
- At the town of Datil take State Hwy 12 (it will be on your left) towards Horse Springs.
- At mile marker 48 on Hwy 12 turn north (it is the only way you can go.)
- The # 48 mile marker is directly across the road at the point you turn.
Directions from Phoenix
- Head east out of Phoenix on US Hwy 60.
- Stay on Hwy 60 until Datil.
- At Datil take a right onto State Hwy 12 and proceed to mile marker 48.
* There are more scenic routes. However, this is the fastest and easiest drive.
|This information was provided by nmjudy on 11/29/2005 4:06:23 PM|